When it comes to setting up your shop, naturally you’ll want to create the illusion of a bigger space, especially if your shop is smaller than you’d like. By using a few smart tricks, you can fool people into thinking you have more space than you actually do.
- Paint an accent wall. Using a bold colour on one wall can create the illusion of a receding space, plus it really spices the place up! You could also use a colourful, patterned or textured wallpaper to do this.
- Use window-like effects to enlarge the feel of the room. You could use boxes cut into a wall, or for a cheaper effect, use curtains draped around tall mirrors to achieve the same effect.
- Use floor to ceiling drapes to draw the eye upwards, or hang things from the ceilings to create the illusion of more space.
- Displaying items on different levels is also visually appealing, whilst maximising on space, so think about different levels of shelving and how flexible you can be with them.
- Use neutral colours such as ivory and grey- use these colours to add more items, but without bunching too many together, as this will make your space look cluttered. You can then use brightly coloured accents to liven up the area.
- Think outside the box when it comes to displaying your products. Doing something outside the norm will help distract your customers from a lack of space and instead inspire them to make impulse purchases!
- Lighting lighting lighting! Use the right lighting for your space, to make sure your products are properly illuminated. Lighting is exceptionally important in small spaces- if a space is not properly lit then that area is as good as wasted.
Shelving4Shops can help you display your products effectively and efficiently- call us today to see how we can help!