- Make the best of your space. Create an efficient floor plan (Shelving4Shops can help you with this if necessary!) that utilises all the possible space in your store so that you have space for a good variety of stock.
- Keep your shop shelving in good, clean condition. A neat and tidy shop is far more appealing than messy shelves in bad condition. If you need to update your shelving units give us a call - we also stock second-hand shop shelving (in excellent condition) if your budget is tight.
- Make use of awkward areas and corners with dump bins and wire stacking baskets so that there is no wasted space. These types of shelving accessories are great for end-of-line stock, promotional items and products that do not stack well on a shelf.
- Keep your shelves well stocked - half-empty shelves makes you store look as thought it's not regularly re-stocked and maintained. If you only have a small amount of a certain product left that you need to display, choose a small area or end bay to display them, or draw attention to them with a discount or promotion.
- Place complementary items together to make it easy for customers to find what they need and to encourage additional purchases. For example: burgers and buns, snacks and soft drinks etc.
- Keep valuables up high, behind the counter or within sight at all times. Similarly, keep anything breakable on high shelves to avoid them being picked up by children.
- Use shelf risers and dividers to segregate products neatly and efficiently. This will not only make it easier for customers for find what they're looking for, but it will also make it easier for you to re-stock your shelves.
- Choose the right kind of shop shelving for your products. Pegboard shelving is great for hanging small items and different sized products; gondola shelving helps to create aisles in your store and maximises shelf space; end bays help to make your shelving runs look neat and provide a space for promotional products.
If you need help planning or fitting out your store with shop shelving, refrigerated shelving, or shelving accessories, get in touch with us at Shelving4Shops for expert advice and a huge range of shelving options.