Keeping your retail shelving displays appealing and interesting can help drive customers into your store and boost sales of popular, promotional and end-of-line products. The arrangement of both your shelving units and your products can have an affect on your overall revenue, especially during holiday season when placement really counts.
There are five main areas of shelving display that you need to be aware of when arranging your store:
1) Window Displays: Your window display is the first thing customers see as they walk past or into your shop. Keep your window shelving updated and intriguing with seasonal goods, bright signage and popular items;
2) Core Stock Display: This is where you display your most popular items - the products that your customers are probably specifically coming in to buy. Keeping these items in the same place helps customers find what they need quickly and easily, and these shelves must always be well-stocked, neat and tidy;
3) Promotional Bays: End bays, corner bays and promotional bays can be used to stock special items, promotional products and end-of-line stock that you want to draw attention to. Use signage and clever arrangements to give these areas impact;
4) Sale Shelving Areas: If you always place sale items in the same shelving units, customers will know where to look when they want a good deal. Mix in other promotional products to encourage extra purchases and customers will automatically assume they're saving money;
5) Counter Displays: Placing certain goods on the counter or in a line of dump bins where your customers queue can increase impulse buys and boost your sales, especially if you display seasonal products like Christmas chocolates or greetings cards.
Moving your shelving around or changing the configuration of your store by adding pegboard shelving, magazine racking or extra shelves can help to give the appearance of newness in your shop and provide a sense of novelty to customers, encouraging them to see products they might have otherwise walked past.
All in all, your shelving arrangement is dependent on the space you have available and the products you stock - and if you need help deciding on the right kind of shelving for your store, get in touch with us at Shelving4Shops and we'll be happy to advise you.